Cee of Oil & Butter has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I love Cee! Her blog is awesome, and her soaps are gorgeous! Thank you, Cee.
Here are the rules for the award:
VBA RULES (Copied from versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com):
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, to be honest, I have been out of pocket where blogging is concerned as I’ve had a busy time at work over the month of February. Seems to be calming down a bit now. I don’t know whether these folks have been nominated or not, as such, so forgive duplications.
- Alchemy & Ashes
- Bath Alchemy
- Lion & Rose Handmade Soap Blog
- Riverlea Soap
- Rustic Relevance
- Second Spring Soaps
- Sirona Springs Blog
- Smellicious Soaps
- Soap & Restless
- Suzy Says This
- The Soap Bar
- The Soap Boxx
- The Soap Seduction
- The Soap Sister
- The Village Soapsmith
7 Things about Me
- Since I tend to keep my various pursuits separate, folks who read this blog might not realize I am an English teacher, and I have an education blog. I also have a book blog. I have other blogs that are not updated enough to mention.
- I live in Worcester, MA, but I have lived all over the place, including Atlanta, GA; Cape Fear (Southport), NC; Aurora, CO. I have always wanted to live in New England and had a dream that I would when I was in my early twenties. It took a while, but it finally came true.
- I started making soap thinking it would be a hobby, but it quickly became an addiction and I wound up selling it (and starting this blog) so I could get all the soap out of my house and feed my habit with a small income. My sister actually started making soap before I did, but she hasn’t made it for some time now.
- In addition to making soap, I also like to make lotions and soy candles, and I have started experimenting with lip balms. I don’t sell lotions or lip balms yet.
- My hair started going gray when I was 18, and it is now pretty much completely gray. I stopped trying to dye it when I was about 28 or 29. I’m not telling my age, but it’s not old enough to have completely gray hair. This is me with my favorite haircut. It’s too long right now and needs to be cut again.
- I love music. I listen to many different types and have eclectic tastes. My favorites run the gamut from standard rock like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, U2, and Jack White to Loretta Lynn, Frederic Chopin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and the Chieftains.
- I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, and we named our cat Bellatrix. We call her Bella.