After working with a shop through this site for nearly year, I have decided that I will be using Etsy exclusively to sell my products. Etsy seems to work better and is easier for my customers, and I know it works better and is easier for me. Working with my own shopfront has been an interesting learning experience. Everything I have learned has only affirmed for me that I will better serve my customers on Etsy.
You should see the changes taking effect here on the site shortly. I will still be blogging here and making YouTube videos when I can. I’m not really going anywhere. I’m just streamlining a bit and making things a bit easier all the way around. Thanks to those of you who joined me in my experiment. See you in the Etsy store, I hope.
If you make soap or other scented bath and beauty products, today might be your lucky day. I have some fragrances that I am not likely to use, but you might find them useful to have. I am listing the fragrances below with an approximate weight. I am sorry, but I can only ship in the US because of the cost of postage. If leave a comment on this post or you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the fragrances you want and your zip code, I can give you a shipping estimate. After you confirm you would like the fragrance, I will send you an invoice via PayPal. You do not have to have a PayPal account in order to pay, as PayPal works with both credit and debit cards, too. Prices are discounted from the full price you would pay from the seller. Please note that depending on what you buy and where you are located, shipping might be more than the cost of the fragrance.
Note: If you make any requests this week, I will need to wait until July 3 to fulfill them.
Bramble Berry Fragrances
- Sun-Ripened Raspberry, 1.5 oz + 4 oz (one unopened bottle)—$1.50 for the 1.5 oz, $4.00 for the 4 oz, or $5.00 for all of it
- Chipotle Caramel, 0.15 oz (enough to make lotion or bath bombs)—shipping only
Passionfruit Rose, 1.9 oz—$1.90
- Cranberry Fig, .35 oz—shipping only
- Energy, 2.15 oz—$2.15
- Crisp Apple Rose, 1.6 oz—$1.60
Nature’s Garden Fragrances
- Madagascar Spice, 3.7 oz—$3.70
- Lick Me All Over, 1.9 oz—$1.90
- Twilight in the Woods, 2 oz—$2.00
- Cotton Candy, 2.4 oz—$2.40
- Sandalwood, 3.8 oz—$3.80
- Gingersnap Cookies, 2.7 oz—$2.70
- Sea Salt and Lotus Blossoms, 5.6 oz—$5.60
- Sweet Pea, 6.2 oz—$6.20
- Fresh Cut Roses, 6.8 oz—$6.80
- Honeysuckle, 16 oz—$11.00
- Spearmint, 10.3 oz (note: this is the fragrance, not the essential oil)—$8.00
- Seaside, 12.5 oz—$9.00
- Amazingly Grace, 16 oz—$11.00
I’m pleased to announce the winner of the Sunrise Soap Giveaway is Liza Jo! Congratulations, Liza Jo!
Please watch out for future giveaways from New England Handmade Artisan Soaps, and thank you to all the people who participated in the giveaway.
Cee of Oil & Butter has nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I love Cee! Her blog is awesome, and her soaps are gorgeous! Thank you, Cee.
Here are the rules for the award:
VBA RULES (Copied from versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com):
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, to be honest, I have been out of pocket where blogging is concerned as I’ve had a busy time at work over the month of February. Seems to be calming down a bit now. I don’t know whether these folks have been nominated or not, as such, so forgive duplications.
7 Things about Me
- Since I tend to keep my various pursuits separate, folks who read this blog might not realize I am an English teacher, and I have an education blog. I also have a book blog. I have other blogs that are not updated enough to mention.
- I live in Worcester, MA, but I have lived all over the place, including Atlanta, GA; Cape Fear (Southport), NC; Aurora, CO. I have always wanted to live in New England and had a dream that I would when I was in my early twenties. It took a while, but it finally came true.
- I started making soap thinking it would be a hobby, but it quickly became an addiction and I wound up selling it (and starting this blog) so I could get all the soap out of my house and feed my habit with a small income. My sister actually started making soap before I did, but she hasn’t made it for some time now.
- In addition to making soap, I also like to make lotions and soy candles, and I have started experimenting with lip balms. I don’t sell lotions or lip balms yet.
- My hair started going gray when I was 18, and it is now pretty much completely gray. I stopped trying to dye it when I was about 28 or 29. I’m not telling my age, but it’s not old enough to have completely gray hair. This is me with my favorite haircut. It’s too long right now and needs to be cut again.
- I love music. I listen to many different types and have eclectic tastes. My favorites run the gamut from standard rock like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, U2, and Jack White to Loretta Lynn, Frederic Chopin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and the Chieftains.
- I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, and we named our cat Bellatrix. We call her Bella.
In honor of the 200th anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice and the completion of five soaps in my Jane Austen series, I am giving away all five soaps in the series to one lucky winner.
Please visit my book blog for more details. Good luck!